Friday, May 10, 2013

Radio Clandestino is dead. Hot & Warped is born. Details here.

Hot & Warped is DJ Andujar's new ALL-VINYL eclectic radio program. This one-of-a-kind expedition will air every Monday night 10-midnight (EST) at WMUA (listen live online!).

This program replaces the very well-received Radio Clandestino, a show I hosted for several years (can't remember how many!). Thanks for all the support. Time to move on...

The reason for the change is to provide a WIDER variety of music and sound art, all of which will be transmitted from glorious vinyl! From classic free jazz to contemporary funk 7"s, avant-garde to burning cumbias, no genre will be untouched. Weaker-eared listeners may need to readjust the way they hear music. It is no secret that I have always been a fan of various left-field musics that didn't get a whole lot of airplay on Clandestino, from punk to out sounds. Don't worry, I'll still be playing funk, latin and world psych, etc. It is all going into the stew. It is about time I produced a radio show that I would want to listen to!

I will be bringing in plenty of vinyl-loving guests to add to the mix. Eclectic sounds will be encouraged, whether tropical, noise or hardcore. Get in touch if you would like to be a guest.

If you are a label or artist who has been sending me promos on vinyl, CD or high quality MP3 you may still do so. I have many projects I am working on and will find the right outlet for your tunes. I do, however, STRONGLY encourage you to send out vinyl. Unless your record is offensive to me or truly horribly bad music, then I will promise airplay. The format seems to be jumping even more in popularity again so I will see to it that we hear your lovingly-pressed wax!  I will not be playing (on this particular program) anything other than vinyl. 

Please send your fully-packaged 45s/LPs/12"eps/10" or other vinyl of various genres to:

WMUA 91.1 FM
Attention: Andujar
105 Campus Center
UMass
Amherst, MA
01003
USA
bombasticos@yahoo.com

Cheers!
Andujar

   

No comments:

Post a Comment