Saturday, December 5, 2009

Here's the Playlist from the WMUA Record Fair

I don't usually keep playlists from my DJ sets, other than on the radio. But WMUA asked me to, so here it is...

Note: I'm not absolutely certain on the order, but I did my best to remember.

-Mr Chop..."Breakdown" (Stark Reality 45)
-the Jimi Entley Sound..."Apache" (Espionage Disk 45)
-Oh No..."Feel Me" (Now Again 45)
-Max B..."Black n' Roll" (from s/t LP on Wah Wah)
-Morgen..."Welcome to the Void" (from s/t LP on ABC)
-the Shocking Blue..."Love Buzz" (from s/t LP on Colossus)
-Charley Cuva..."Sink the Boat" (from soundtrack LP to Putney Swope, on Fortune Teller)
-Michael Leonhart & the Avramina 7..."Scopolamine" (Truth & Soul 45)
-Staff Carpenborg & the Electric Corona..."All Men Shall Be Brothers of Ludwig" (from Psych-Funk 101 compilation LP on World psychedelic Funk Classics)
-El Michels Affair..."Shimmy Shimmy Ya" (from Enter the 37th Chamber LP on Fat Beats)














And for those record geeks that wanna know what I copped:

-Bio Ritmo...first 7" (on Merge)...$2 (thanks Ron!)
-Guaco...Es Guaco LP (on Sonografica, Venezuela)...$1
-Rotary Connection...Songs LP (on Cadet)...$10 (thanks Dean!)
-Mighty Baby...A Jug of Love LP (on Toadstool, Australia)...$15 (thanks Conrad!)
-Isis...self titled LP (on Buddah)...this is the funky all-female hard rock band from the 70s. I already have this jam but I couldn't pass up an extra at $3
-Chi Chi Favelas and the Black & White Band...Rock Solid LP (on Barclay)...I am thinking this is probably bad disco but I couldn't pass it up for the bondage photos and evil song titles. After all the price was right...$free! (thanks Studebaker Hawk!)
-Ernie Agosto y la ConspiraciĆ³n...Cada Loco con su Tema/Different Strokes LP (on Vaya)...$10
-Dennis Coffey...Evolution LP (on Sussex)...$3
-Riot...Welcome to the World of Riot LP (on Motown)...$2












Good deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment